Defiance County Democrats meet on the 3rd Monday of every month (unless otherwise noted) at the UAW Hall, 2120 Baltimore St., Defiance, OH 43512. Steering Committee meets at 6:15 p.m. followed by the Executive Committee meeting at 7:00 p.m.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, meetings will be both in person and by Zoom. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom information.
Join the Race
Thinking about getting into politics? Now is a good time to throw your hat in the ring. Each township in Defiance County will elect 2 trustees in November. School Boards are also good places to get your feet wet. Ayersville and Defiance have two terms expiring; Central Local, Hicksville, and Northeastern have 3 positions opening in November. Another option is serving on your local city council. Hicksville, Ney, and Sherwood have 4 seats opening this fall, as does Defiance City Council.
Petitions are needed to get on the ballot. The filing deadline for the November election is August 4, 2021. For more information contact email@example.com.
Interested in volunteering for the Defiance County Democratic Party? Sign up at the link below.
Mission of the Party
In accord with the values and principles of the Democratic Party, our County Party recruits, selects, supports, protects, and elects candidates to public office. Once elected, we hold governing officials accountable to the values and principles of the Democratic Party.
A Vision for the Party
We believe in the possibility of a wholly democratic society that is ‘rule by the people.’ We believe that democracy is the best available means to honor and protect the values and traditions we hold dear: the life-giving land, a caring society, and the dignity of the human person as expressed through work.
These Principles are Our Values
The Ohio Democratic Party last adopted 10 principles in 1998 and we declare these principles our guiding values for all the Party members’ interactions with one another, decision-making, and activities:
- We believe that the best government is one that is efficient yet understanding – a government that is based not on systems or bureaucracies, but on people, ideas, and values.
- We believe there is no substitute for fair and equal representation and strong public participation in a government chosen by election.
- We believe in a government that stands on the side of Ohio’s families – that listens, understands, and addresses their concerns.
- We believe that all Ohioans reap benefits when we, as a county, meet our challenges together. We believe in the equality of all Ohio citizens and condemn any discrimination.
- We believe in a society that strengthens Ohio’s families and protects our children.
- We believe in the rights of all Ohioans to achieve economic security and find affordable housing, to seek good jobs at a livable wage, and protection for our workers in a growing, robust economy.
- We believe in a society that puts the health, safety and prosperity of its citizens first, one that promotes excellence in education, choices in quality health care and a healthy environment for all Ohio citizens.
- We believe in a society that values community and protects all Ohio citizens from violence and crime.
- We believe in a society that respects our elders, who deserve the right to retire with the resources they need and have earned to support themselves in their golden years.
- And we believe in pursuing these ideals with honesty and integrity, with respect for the freedoms that we in Ohio are proud to call our own.We believe that the best government is one that is efficient yet understanding – a government that is based not on systems or bureaucracies, but on people, ideas, and values.
For all the latest information, news, and event updates, follow the Defiance County Democratic Party on Facebook.
For further information, please contact the Defiance County Democratic Party using the form below.